An Official Website of the Commonwealth of Kentucky

New Employer Registration

  • Regular Business - Services performed in a for profit business. Most new businesses fall within this category.

  • Domestic Business – Services performed in a private home such as a caregiver, housekeeper, cook or other household employment.

  • Agricultural Business - Services performed on a farm in connection with raising or harvesting an agricultural or horticultural commodity.
    Please Note: Horse racing is a Regular Business type and does not fall under Agricultural Business type.

  • Governmental Business - Services performed by a state agency, college, university, hospital, local county or city governments and their agencies.
    Please Note: Governmental contractors are Regular Business type and do not fall under Governmental Business type.

  • Non-Profit 501(C)(3) Business – Services performed for a not for profit 501(c)(3) organization such as a charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary or other organization. You will be asked to provide a copy of your IRS status and exemption letter before we can finalize your registration.
    Please Note: Kentucky Unemployment Insurance only recognizes 501(c)(3) organizations as Non-Profit. If you do not have the (C)(3) status, please apply as a Regular Business type.

Please select your Business type from the drop down menu below and click the "Next" button to proceed.